- is responsible for oversight of the implementation, by MIA, MSA and their members, of the principles of neutrality in terms of interest, politics and ideology;
- is responsible for oversight of the legitimate implementation of special measures and actions related to data gathering; it supervises the legitimacy of funds and other resources spending;
- gives opinion on draft laws, regulations and general documents within the competency of MIA and MSA;
- establishes the facts about observed illegitimacy or irregularity related to work of MIA, MSA and their members;
- reports directly to the defense minister regarding the results of the oversight and gives proposals regarding new measures.
The Inspector General is appointed by the Government for a term of five years, upon recommendation of the defense minister and opinion of the National Security Council. Inspector General reports directly to Defense ministar.
Inspector General reports at least once a year to the competent Parliamentary board about results of the control. Inspector General may not be a member of any political party, nor he is allowed to perform any public function.
(Law on Military Security Agency and Law on Military Intelligence Agency)